Friday, January 4, 2013

Do you have headaches, overwhelming stress/anxiety, difficulty remembering, poor concentration, continuous lack of energy, insomnia, or digestive disorders?



Do you have difficulty remembering, poor concentration, stress/anxiety, headaches, lack of energy, insomnia, or digestive disorders? Our body is designed to heal itself and when all the parts and systems aren’t communicating with each other effectively, our body’s natural healing mechanism is compromised.  BodyTalk identifies the breakdowns within our body so that it can begin healing itself again.

I described the significance BodyTalk has had on my life in a blog.  I wrote about the trauma symptoms I experienced after a minor car accident I was in with my 4 month old daughter. I discussed how after only a couple of days after one 60 minute BodyTalk session I was able to get my first full night sleep in 3 years, my anxiety decreased substantially, my concentration and memory increased, my energy increased, and my overall passion and excitement for life came back.  Since I wrote the blog I have gone to one more treatment, my husband has gone once, my step-son once, and our two year old daughter has gone twice. BodyTalk has been such a major help in healing our family and getting us back in tune with ourselves again.

BodyTalk has influenced my life so much so that when I heard there was an information class I just had to sign up to learn more about how it works. My full day class qualifies me to be a ‘BodyTalk access technician’.  I would however, have to take numerous more in-depth BodyTalk classes to be qualified as a ‘BodyTalk practitioner’. The certificate I received enables me to do 5 basic BodyTalk techniques on myself and others.  I want to share the information I learned so that I can help people who are unaware of how easy it is to get your life back on track.

The five basic techniques are called, cortices, switching, hydration, body chemistry, and reciprocals. These five techniques are designed to address common ailments or conditions that often result from enduring the stresses of daily living.  Our bodies have a natural healing ability. When our body fails to heal there is a compromise in the communication from our brain/body. This miscommunication is what leads to imbalances within our body which causes symptoms of illness. Through a series of strategic tapping on trigger parts on our body, we can awaken our mind to be reconnected to our body and clear any blockages in the communication pathways.  I have included a link that has a video describing why doing cortices works and how to do it.  The remaining 4 techniques must be taught by a body talk practitioner or learned through taking a body talk access class. I did include a description of how they will help your body heal. 

THE FIVE BASIC BODYTALK TECHIQUES:

Cortices: Balancing the cortices is probably the single most critical technique of the five. It improves the efficiency of the connection between our brain and our body with only a few minutes.  It has immediate effects such as improvements in thinking, memory, concentration, stress reduction, feeling of wellbeing, and general physiological functioning of the body.  Balancing the cortices appears to calm our entire body’s nervous system in general.  We can do cortices once per day or many times throughout the day if needed.  Anyone can do it and it can be done to anyone who wants it. I do cortices to myself and the children within the daycare daily.  You don’t need a certificate to do cortices, but you do need to ask permission of the person who you are about to practice it on.  

Teachers can also get their students to do it on themselves. In fact, I heard of one case in which students were doing it in the morning and they asked if they could also do it again in the afternoon because they noticed such a significant difference in concentration. 

Just like brushing our teeth is daily maintenance until our professional dental care visit, doing cortices on ourselves is maintenance for our brain-body connection, but it isn’t as complete as a full BodyTalk session.  For instructions on how to balance cortices watch the video at http://www.bodymindsynergy.ca/cortices.html

Switching: This method resets your ‘breaker box’ on your nervous system to increase your stress threshold. One of the common side effects of stress is for the mind to go into a “switching” mode where normal brain coordination is compromised. Being in switching mode can show up as inattentiveness, poor decision making, confusion, poor coordination, and mood swings. The “switched” person often reverses simple things like left and right and yes and no. The switching technique can help restore proper brain function.

Hydration: Allows your body to use your water intake more efficiently. Our body is made up of 70-80% water. All our cells, nerves, and organs depend on a good supply of water. Even if we drink plenty of water our bodies may not be utilizing it well.  The hydration technique helps to correct any imbalances so that your body can fully use the water it has available. 

Body chemistry: Stimulates the body’s immune system.  Often viruses, bacteria, and parasites are not effectively addressed by our body’s immune system because of imbalances within the body.  The body chemistry technique corrects the imbalances so our bodies can restore health. This method is very helpful for people who have allergies, food intolerances, and accumulated toxins. 

Reciprocals: Re-establishes a balance in energy flow within our body.  The reciprocals technique improves the coordination of muscles and balance of the muscle tone.  It can have a significant effect on quicker healing of injuries, arthritis, circulatory issues, coordination patterns, spinal problems, and chronic pain.


The information written can be found in the following brochures, websites, and manuals:
 
Bodymind Synergy. Website. http://www.bodymindsynergy.ca/
BodyTalk Access: Stimulating the Body’s Own Ability to Heal Itself. International BodyTalk Association, Sarosota, Florida. http://www.BodyTalksystems.com
BodyTalk Access Training Manual. International BodyTalk Association Global Healing. Sarosota, Florida. 2007.
What is BodyTalk. designed and produced by The BodyTalk Center NYC www.BodyTalkcenter.com 2007.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment